- 4 – 2″ thick steaks: use either strip, porterhouse, t-bone, or tenderloin steaks weighing about 8 oz. each Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs of thyme or rosemary (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive wood smoked olive oil
- Set the Sous-Vide cooker to 130ºF (54.4ºC). If not using a Sous-Vide, see below.
- Generously season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons of smoked olive oil, shallots, rosemary, and garlic if using into resealable or vacuum sealing bags. Place the steaks in one large or two medium zipper lock or vacuum seal bags and seal.
- Following the operating instructions for your Sous-Vide cooker, place the bag(s) in the water bath and set the timer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the bag from the water bath and remove the steaks from the bags, and dry well with paper towels.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or grill pan over high heat. Rub the dried steaks with the remaining tablespoon of smoked olive oil. Add the steaks to the hot pan and sear until well-browned, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
- If you would like to make this recipe without a Sous-Vide cooker, then simply follow the directions to marinate the steaks in a sealable bag for 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove the steaks and prepare your grill. Grill to desired doneness.