- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 3 – 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet active-dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg + 1 teaspoon water , for egg wash
for the garnish:
- ¼ cup Epicurean Wild Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary, thyme and sage
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Fresh cranberries
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary, thyme and sage
- In a small saucepan set over medium low heat, warm the butter, honey and milk until butter is melted and mixture begins to steam. Do not boil. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes, or until the temperature is between 120-130° F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine 1 ½ cups of the flour with the yeast and salt. Add the milk mixture and mix until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. With the mixer on low, add the remaining flour ¼ cup at a time until dough clears the side of the bowl but is still slightly sticky to the touch. You may not need all 3 ½ cups of flour.
- Continue to knead the dough in the mixer until it is smooth and elastic, about 5-8 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Trace an 8-inch circle onto a sheet of parchment paper and place on a 11×17-inch sheet pan.
- Gently punch down dough and knead a few times. Pinch off one third of the dough and set aside, covered in plastic wrap. Divide the rest of the dough into 12 equal pieces, shape into balls, and place on the prepared sheet pan on the traced circle. Divide the reserved dough into 9 smaller pieces, shape into balls, and place on the sheet pan inside the larger balls.
- Cover rolls with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Brush with egg wash, if desired, and bake the rolls until golden, about 20-25 minutes. Immediately brush with melted olive oil and sprinkle with fresh herbs and coarse salt. Let cool at least 15 minutes.
- Gently transfer roll wreath to a 10-inch or larger serving platter. Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs and fresh cranberries.
Rosemary Fused Olive Oil$15.00 – $20.00