- 12 oz. dry pasta of choice, cooked al dente in lightly salted water
- Kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. pancetta, thinly sliced (optional)
- 6 fresh sage leaves, cut in thin strips
- 4 tablespoons Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil
- While your pasta cooks, add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sage leave strips and pancetta (if using).
- Fry for a couple of minutes until the sage and pancetta strips are crispy but not burnt.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta but leave a fair amount of cooking water in the pasta.
- Add the wet pasta to the saute pan and return to heat tossing to coat and thicken the sauce.
- Test for seasoning, adding fresh ground pepper and additional salt if desired, and serve immediately.
Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil$14.00 – $18.00