- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Baklouti Fused Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat the Garlic Infused & Baklouti oil in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, green peppers, garlic, a pinch of salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, and paprika. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook a bit longer to allow the mixture to reduce and thicken. Taste and adjust salt and seasoning to your liking.
- Using a wooden spoon, make 6 indentations, or “wells,” in the tomato mixture. Space them out so eggs will not clump together. Gently crack an egg into each indention.
- Reduce the heat, cover the skillet, and cook on low until the egg whites are set.
- Uncover and add the fresh parsley – you can drizzle more Baklouti Fused Oil for more kick.
Serve hot/warm with some pita bread or basmati rice. You may also top with avocado and crumbled feta cheese for additional texture.